Friday, April 6, 2007

1st time Blogger


RT- Well, my attempts of keeping my daughter off the internet have failed. Usually I'm the one with the tech ideas, but Kara beat me to the punch. Well, little story behind this picture. The day we went to get our pictures taken we decided to invite everyone and their mom to Meijer Garden to join us. Who would of thought that the place would be packed on a warm weekend after the butterflies exhibit opened... There were all walks of life that came to join us in our family picture. In the words of Jeff Foxworthy, "They had clothes on that I wouldn't wear to pick up after the dogs in the yard with." Pete, Julie do you remember the guy from the mid-year, bi-annual, summer pre-championship demolition derby with the pit stains, eating the deepfried twinky? Ya, he's holding the camera. No, it wasn't Kurt (he was too tall/quota slam on Kurt). The sign outside the gardens must of said all W/T welcome, so we needed to find something W/T to do. So there I was.....(Jeff, Kurt I know what your thinking but no; there were no jumper cables) I had Natalie looking at a flower and Kara had the camera. Kara then had the idea to get a picture of our daughter reaching for the flower. I was holding her just out of reach of the flower when my wife decides to tap the flower so it will swing towards Natalie (aka flower killer). Needless to say you all know what happens next. Yup, you guessed it after months of this flower getting all the nourishment, and sunlight it needs to grow up to be a beautiful flower my daughter dun-wrecked it in a blink of an eye. She didn't even think twice. We'd post the picture of the aftermath, but there are rules to the type content pictures can have on this kind of web sight. Here's to Christmas and may no Charley Brown Christmas trees be harmed in the filming of our pictures.

4 comments:

L-Town Rollers said...

Oh goody, I get to read two separate ramblings. Joy to me.

I didn't realize you had missed so many dance recitals already. Oh well, just make sure you cancel your Girls Gone Wild subscription before you have that “awkward” moment.

In all seriousness, you’ve got a cute kid there. Some (like Sarah) might even say adorable. Can’t wait to meet her…not my fault if Gabe hits on her.

The Telmans said...

Jeff, isn't your whole blog ramblings? I don't think Ryan and I combined can pile it up as much as you do!

L-Town Rollers said...

Watch it lady, or I'll start tellin' the honeymoon story.

jt said...

What a good "First Easter" Thankyou for inviting me to share it with the family. You, Kara, and Natalie, make "that" beautiful All American Family. Love mom